|The Flying Monkey Arts Center Artist Market Guidelines and Information for Visiting Artists
- The set-up fee is $5 and is payable to the load-in coordinator. Fees differ for special events and holidays, and will be announced 2 weeks prior.
- Sign in when you arrive on the sign-up sheet on the first table by the double doors on the loading dock. Occasionally there will not be a sign-in sheet. You’ll be brought up in order of arrival. Do not break line.
- Check in with Cheryl in Karma Rags BEFORE you set up. Available space changes from week to week.
- Please donate a share of your profits to The FlyMo. 5% is a good starting place. Cheryl or Anna Sue can take donations.
- Vendors are responsible for their own taxes and licensing.
- Artists may only show their own work in their chosen area. No flea market or yard sale items and absolutely no food items for sale unless you can provide proof you work from a health dept. inspected kitchen.
- Attention Jewelry makers! Artist market only permits 4 jewelry assemblage artists and 4 fine art jewelers per Saturday. Jewelry assemblage art is defined as jewelry that is comprised of pre-made purchased components that are then assembled. Fine art jewelers are those who fabricate all or a portion of their components before assemblage. We’re sorry if you’re inconvenienced, it’s not personal.
- Artists are required to present only one genre of work. i.e. if you are a fiber artist who also makes jewelry, then that jewelry must have a fiber component.
- Load-in begins at 10:30 AM and ends at 11:30 on a first come/first serve basis. This is a strict load-in time. Artists must be set up BEFORE the artist market begins at 12 noon. If you arrive later than 11:30 you will not be able to set up for that day. Late set-ups are not permitted because your Flying Monkey hosts [who are volunteers] have their own spaces to attend to once the market begins.
- Please unload at the south ramp, then immediately move your vehicle [before you bring your work upstairs for set-up] to the outer grass lot. Blocking the ramp delays load-ins and load-outs for everyone.
- Visiting artists must park in the outer parking lots, unless you require designated handicapped parking and have a valid permit.
- The old cargo elevator is used for load-in and load-out. Lowe Mill employs an elevator operator for operation of the elevator. Only renters and Lowe Mill/Flying Monkey staff are permitted to operate the elevator.
- Visiting artists may not begin break-down until EXACTLY 4 PM. This means do not begin to clear your table or display until exactly 4 PM or you will seriously risk your standing at Artist Market. The elevator operator cannot load out artists or bring up carts before 4 PM unless they have prior approval from Cheryl or Anna Sue. There are always latecomers and we want them to enjoy the full benefits of our market, including seeing your work. Load-outs should be completed by 4:45. If you know you can’t stay until 4 then please come on another Saturday when you can.
- The maximum table length is 6 ft, no exceptions. Artists with work to hang will need to bring their own display panels, 6 foot or less. Tell Cheryl if you have upright displays before a space is selected. There are no guarantees made by The FlyMo for display space during the Artist Market.
- Visiting artists may only use one 6 foot table/space to exhibit their work. Two artists with smaller or fewer works may share.
- Respect your fellow artists by keeping your materials contained to a single space.
- Some hallway areas are reserved for renters or long standing visiting artists.
- Cheryl in Karma Rags can answer most questions and provide some basic supplies, like scissors and tape.
- Acoustic only performers may busk and sell C.D.’s during the artist markets. Check in with Cheryl or Anna Sue before selecting a space. Acoustic performers are subject to the $5 set-up fee and all guidelines.
- Exhibiting at other FlyMo events is by invitation or jury only.
- The FlyMo staff reserves the right to move visiting artists as seen fit.
- No political or religious tabling by visitors. Views expressed by renters are permitted at their rented space.
- Please keep the fire lane clear and uncluttered during load-in, set up, load-out and during the market.
- Please dispose of your trash and recycling, and leave the space you occupied at least as clean as you found it.
- If The FlyMo is full we will find a suitable space for you to set up in the building. Please see Cheryl or Anna Sue before setting up.
- All people under 16 and all pets MUST be supervised by a responsible adult AT ALL TIMES during artist markets [Pets must be leashed and under your control. No exceptions].
- Lowe Mill is an old industrial building with potential hazards. Please be careful.
- Criminal or threatening behaviors are not acceptable and will be reported to the authorities.
Cheryl Carlson/Karma Rags - Market Coordinator 256-468-5319
Anna Sue Courtney/Squeaking Tribe Puppets – FlyMo House Manager Updated Oct 2013
Home | Like Us On Facebook
Copyright © 2002-2013 Flying